The UFP is scholarship-based, nine-month, full-time, residential and inter-disciplinary, based at the IIHS City Campus in Bengaluru. It seeks to combine classroom-based teaching, site-based applied learning, work on live projects and external internships to introduce Fellows to diverse forms of urban practice. It is open to recent graduates and young professionals from varied educational backgrounds or practice domains.
Through the UFP, Fellows will:
- Understand issues of urbanisation in India and the global South from multiple disciplinary perspectives.
- Learn from practice as young professionals seeking to enter the urban sector.
- Develop skills necessary to analyse, understand, and identify key urban issues in India.
- Build a foundation from which to design inter-disciplinary urban interventions.
- Network with diverse global, national, and local thought leaders, entrepreneurs, and change makers.
- Learn from a diverse and experienced faculty who bring together theory and practice.